I fell in love with Yoga when I was 17 years old and senior in high school. The perfect time in life to start learning about stress management since you are closing one chapter and starting adulthood. I like how Yoga taught me to just focus on my own journey with my body and block out the rest of the world for that 90 minutes you are in your zen zone. After a couple of years of just regular yoga I wanted to take my practice a step further.
When I was 20 I discovered Bikram Yoga which is practicing Yoga in 110 degree heat. With Bikram Yoga you can advance your practice faster due to the heat warming the muscles making them more flexible. At the same time you also release toxins from the body. I live in the Tri Valley area of the Bay Area and a brand new Bikram Yoga studio will be opening in Pleasanton any day now. I highly recommend giving Bikram a try as it gives you a challenge both mentally and physically. Introduction rates are $21 for new students for 7 classes. When I start my practice again I will keep you informed on my mental and physical transformations. Namaste
http://www.bikramyogapleasanton.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment